Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 24 – Don’t stop believing

I was reading about Steve Perry today on the Yahoo blah, blah page. Turns out he has stopped believing. Guy hasn’t turned out an album in years. And his last one Sucked! And his band mates hate him!! Turns out hea has suffered from depression for like 15 years! And I thought I had it bad! Given the news of yesterday and the punch in the stomach I kinda feel for Steve – it’s hard not to stop believing . . .
In fact today was one of those days were I almost did. I was just sick of myself. Stuck in the office reading Steve Perry articles. I should be out on the field, getting scratches on my chin, knocking things around. But no. Poor old me. Stuck in his office. No body wants to play with me. Nobdy want to come visit it me . . .
So I decided to pick up the phone. Who really wants to hear from me? Not that guy. He’s busy. He thinks I’m some fuckin weirdo American who can’t even speak his language and just wants to sell him something. Fuck it. Ring, ring, ring. Not there. Cool, I’ll hang up and send him an e-mail. Then O don’t have to hear the sound of my own frickin’ voice as I  sound like a jerk on the phone. Ah-llo. (Fuck). Ah hello there  . . . .
Not so painful actually! Dinner in the big city next week. Hey let’s try this again . . . 11:30 rolls around and I have three lunches lined up with the potential new custies! . . . Fuck it I’m feelin so good I think I’ll do some internal selling. Go down to AB’s office. Got to pretend like I’m not trying to piggy back on his clients so I make up some BS about how to deal with the stupid Ukrainian bank HR has signed us both up with. He bites. Cool, we’re in. Oh and by the way what about that Nafco thing, anything ever happen with that. Pause. Ahhhhh. Hmm, let me think nahh. Oh, Ok. Okay. Well alright. Pause. Hey you around for lunch? Well you know I don’t do lunch. So I’ll eat lunch and you can watch me! I’ll buy you a cup a tea. Ka-ching, work shop and target planning session Friday . . . that the way I rooooll. Rollin, rolling, roollin!
After lunch was different. Back to the fish tank. Almost fell asleep at my desk about 5 times. Let me take that back. I did fall asleep at my desk about 5 times. Then I get an e-mail. Subject: Tonight. Message: if you’re not free come around for dinner - me and a bunch of my girlfriends are getting together and we need an extra guy to even out the male female ratio. Game? Am I game? I’m game set match! I even have an excuse to not go to the gym. Man sometimes I really don’t feel like going to the gym.
Well it starts to get late. Dinner gets canceled. I start to fall asleep. The yahoo stories start to get more depressing then Steve Perry cancelling his tour. Bad shit like child murderers, rape and incest. It is really sick. Fuck it - I go to the gym. Good work out, and Steve Perry is always there for me. Don’t stop believin’ . . . Motha Fuckaaah! Ohhh yeahhh. :* 

No comments:

Post a Comment